I did not feel as though Obama did a good job getting his point across in the State of the Union speech last night. Unless his point was, "It's not my fault". He addressed the cynicism and shortcomings of our democratic system, and noted that the deficit was well in place before he took office. When someone as politically inept as me realizes the tension between the president and the republicans you know it is bad. His comments did not do anything to relieve that tension. Perhaps he should have focused more on gaining their support.
The president used humor to make a few points, I snickered. Some of his proposals sounded like good ideas, and I hope he is successful in achieving them, but the general tone of the whole speech, to me, was addressing why he hasn't done all that he promised and why it wasn't his fault.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment